- RodMan 2 successfully commissioned at Sellafield
- Fukushima support contract win
- Reactor decommissioning - Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities
- BEPPS - DIF getting it right first time
- James Fisher Nuclear rugby 7s
- International co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges
- Major decommissioning framework agreement with Sellafield
- Cutting the problem down to size
- James Fisher Nuclear highly commended, The Engineer Magazine
- JFN joins forces with two new students for Dream Placement 2017
- Engineering a change.
- Dream Placement Update
- Inspection tool from James Fisher Nuclear providing vital information for EDF-Energy.
- JFN flying high with sellafield decommissioning
- SGHWR project reaches major milestone
- A Real Dream Placement
- JFN Supplying Key Components To The World’s Most Powerful Neutron Research Facility
- New Rig Hall in Caithness
- joint venture to support Dounreay nuclear decommissioning joint programme
- JFN Wins Contract For Vital Robotic Handling System at New International Research Facility
- JFN and CNSL Consortium first to reach 1 million hours safe working
- Women In Nuclear Annual Conference
- Dream Placement 2020
- SGHWR Milestone reached
- Covid-19 update
- JFN Receives RoSPA Gold award for 2020
- JFN Helping out during Covid-19
- Water Level Access Pontoons for Sellafield
Abi Pickering from Cockermouth School and Connor Nuttall from Millom School were tasked with a real life engineering project as part of their Dream Placement at James Fisher Nuclear’s (JFN) Egremont site.
The budding engineers were given the challenge of developing a solution to remove a set of large steel deflector plates from inside a storage silo, with limited access and a host of other technical challenges.
Abi said “This was a good challenge for us. Engineering is a possible future option for me so it was really useful to see what happens in a real life engineering project.”
Ben Pekarek, Engineering manager for JFN said “The student’s task was based on a project successfully delivered by JFN, so it was great to see that Abi and Connor developed a very similar engineering solution to the one we actually deployed on site for our client. Dream Placement has, I think, proved itself again as a valuable learning experience for the students.”