- RodMan 2 successfully commissioned at Sellafield
- Fukushima support contract win
- Reactor decommissioning - Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities
- BEPPS - DIF getting it right first time
- James Fisher Nuclear rugby 7s
- International co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges
- Major decommissioning framework agreement with Sellafield
- Cutting the problem down to size
- James Fisher Nuclear highly commended, The Engineer Magazine
- JFN joins forces with two new students for Dream Placement 2017
- Engineering a change.
- Dream Placement Update
- Inspection tool from James Fisher Nuclear providing vital information for EDF-Energy.
- JFN flying high with sellafield decommissioning
- SGHWR project reaches major milestone
- A Real Dream Placement
- JFN Supplying Key Components To The World’s Most Powerful Neutron Research Facility
- New Rig Hall in Caithness
- joint venture to support Dounreay nuclear decommissioning joint programme
Boxing clever at Sellafield
JFN, as part of a consortium led by the German based M+W Group, has landed a major project in support of the ongoing nuclear decommissioning programme at Sellafield, West Cumbria. The consortium leader, M+W Group, is an EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contractor and is one of the leading global high-tech engineering companies.
The team at James Fisher Nuclear is celebrating its biggest ever win in the form of a contract – as part of a consortium – to deliver a facility capable of importing and storing Intermediate Level Waste (ILW) packages, derived from the high hazard plants located on Europe’s most complex nuclear site at Sellafield.
The win puts JFN in the spotlight as a major player in addressing the UK’s significant decommissioning challenge, and potentially opens the door for on-going specialised contracts in this market sector.
The contract is JFN’s second major award in as many months and illustrates market confidence in the specialist engineering company to deliver the most economic and advantageous solutions for the nuclear decommissioning industry in a safe, environmental and socially responsible manner.
Commercial director for JFN, Steve Tulk, who led the JFN element of Sellafield site storage facility bid says: ‘This contract award is fantastic news. It represents a major milestone in JFN’s expansion and heightened profile within the market and reflects everyone’s hard work to become a market leader and supplier of choice’.