James Fisher Nuclear has the knowledge and experience to comprehensively review your existing safety cases and substantiating them in line with the current engineering and regulatory best practice.
For continued peace of mind from James Fisher Nuclear (JFN) long-term periodic reviews require an engineering assessment of all safety related systems in use and a gap analysis to ensure that there are no significant shortcomings. Legacy equipment may require extensive validation and verification in order to demonstrate that it can continue to perform the function required to current standards. In the event that it is not practical or cost-effective to justify a safety system, JFN is able to design and supply a replacement.
The safety case substantiation tasks we can cover include:
- Detailed site investigation and surveys
- Compilation of essential engineering information applicable to the systems, structure and components of safety devices
- Assessments of plant hazard analyses (HAZANs), near miss and incident reports and all other learning from experience (LFE) data
- Hazard identification studies workshops (HAZID) and reports
- Preparation and analysis of design assessment reports (DAR) including programmable electrical system (PES) assessments
- Feasibility and cost-benefit analysis reports and workshops
- ALARP (as low as reasonably practicable) including SFAIRP (so far as is reasonably practicable) workshops
- HAZOP (hazard and operability study) workshops and reports
- Reviewing and updating in line with current practice, FSA, FTA, FMEA, FMECA, FMEDA, RBD, RAA and other underpinning safety documentation
Contact us to review your current safety case and help you keep up to date with current requirements.