James Fisher Nuclear has extensive experience in calibrating installed and portable radiation protection equipment on customer sites.
So if your instruments are not transportable simply arrange a visit from one of James Fisher Nuclear's (JFN) team of SQEP (suitably qualified and experienced) engineers, who are trained to work on instruments on site from all major suppliers to the UK nuclear industry.
So you can be sure:
- Tests will be performed by fully trained and SQEP personnel and checked and verified by an experienced qualified person (QP)
- You can specify test work carried out will include full checks, performance checks and plateau plots on all types of detectors
- All work is carried out to a comprehensive set of maintenance and test procedures approved by an experienced senior qualified person
- Calibration visits can be scheduled to coincide with routine preventative maintenance visits to deliver a cost-effective total care service
- On completion of each contract, the customer will receive a fully signed off and traceable contract folder detailing all work done, any adjustments made and calibration certificates for each instrument. As part of the calibration testing, will also advise customers on any fault or potential problem found with an instrument and offer appropriate recommendations to rectify the issues identified. All of this data is scanned and backed up prior to the customer receiving the final master copy
- All site activities will meet the requirements of quality management system BS EN ISO 9001:2000
We can use customers' sources or use our own, traceable, sources which minimises the requirement for customers to maintain, store and calibrate sources.
Currently available sources include:
|Alpha-emitting sources||Beta-emitting sources||Gamma-emitting sources|
JFN calibrates load cells using a set of standard traceable weights which allows for the complete calibration of a waste monitor in a single visit. JFN also calibrates air flow for personal and portable air samplers and air monitors.
Call us on 01244 283890 or Contact Us to find out more about our on site maintenance and calibration service.