The Environment, Health & Safety, Security and Quality (EHSS&Q) are fundamental to everything James Fisher Nuclear does. We, therefore, take an uncompromising approach to EHSS&Q and maintain a number of key certifications and accreditations.
James Fisher Nuclear (JFN) recognises that its Integrated Management System must be adhered to and continually improved. Operating the Integrated Management System to a high level minimises risks to both JFN and its customers, particularly given the hostile and challenging environments in which it works.
Where customers have specific industry or in-house requirements over and above general industrial standards, JFN has the required depth of competent resource and appropriate systems in place to be able to comply.
Information in relation to JFN’s Environmental, Health & Safety, Security and Quality policies can be made available to interested parties upon request.
Health and Safety
We are committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions to prevent work related injury and ill health to ensure we meet, if not exceed, our compliance obligations. We operate an Integrated Management System that conforms to the requirements of ISO 45001:2018, are a member of the British Safety Council and are Safety Schemes In Procurement registered.
We deliver on our commitment to health and safety by:
- Providing strong, effective leadership to foster a positive and proactive safety culture.
- Eliminating hazards and reducing occupational health and safety risk so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Providing adequate resources to implement and ensuring ongoing compliance to our management system.
- Communicating and consulting with workers and interested parties regarding occupational health and safety information, training and instruction.
- Actively seeking participation of workers to improve the overall occupational health and safety culture.
We are committed to fulfilling the quality expectations of our customers, regulators and government bodies and therefore operate an Integrated Management System across all of our operations that is certified against the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
We deliver on our commitment to quality by:
- Providing a framework from which we can consistently deliver pragmatic and cost effective solutions for our customers in the form of projects, products and services.
- Instilling the internationally accepted principles and traits of a strong nuclear safety culture.
- Providing good professional practice in delivery of our services.
- Continually improving the effectiveness of both the integrated management system and the delivery of our projects, services and products.
- Ensuring all staff are trained and briefed about quality documentation so that they can adhere to the policies and procedures in their work.
- Ensuring JFN and its staff are compliant with all relevant legislation.
JFN is registered with the Achilles UVDB community:
JFN has been granted Fit For Nuclear status:
We are committed to minimising our impact to the environment. Maintaining sufficient environmental protection is fundamental to everything we do, and as such is always given priority in any activity we carry out. We operate an Integrated Management System across all of that conforms to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
We deliver on our commitment to the environment by:
- Working to achieve our vision of accelerating the clean-up of our nuclear legacy
- Assessing the environmental aspects, impacts, risks and opportunities within our business operations
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining arrangements to ensure we meet identified compliance obligations (voluntary and mandatory).
- Promoting the use of sustainable materials and methods.
- Raising awareness of environmental issues through effective training, communication and consultation.
- Working with our customers in minimising their environmental impacts through co-operation and collaboration.
- Providing the necessary resources and ensuring responsibilities and accountabilities are defined and communicated to all identified interested parties.
- Continually improving of our environmental processes to enhance our environmental performance.
Acknowledging the industries we operate in, and the ever changing climate we live in, security is fundamental to everything we do. We provide secure facilities and working conditions to prevent security breaches and operate an Integrated Management System which ensures we have security arrangements in place to meet our compliance obligations. JFN also holds the Cyber Essentials Certificate of Assurance.
We deliver on our commitment to security by:
- Controlling access to JFN sites and specifically:
- Operating a robust personnel vetting procedure for employees and contractors.
- Maintaining an effective pass system.
- Following a strict criteria for escorted and unescorted visitor access.
- Operating a culture that challenges people not following security procedures.
- Controlling the security of information for which JFN is responsible, and specifically:
- Applying GSCs (Government Security Classifications).
- Ensuring the “need to know” principle is adhered to.
- Operating a clear desk policy.
- Ensuring protectively marked information is handled, stored and transmitted correctly.
- Ensuring information is correctly shared (or not shared) with notifiable nationalities.
- Ensuring full traceability of information in the interest of nuclear industry security and safety.
- Investigating security breaches.
- Providing the necessary resources and ensuring responsibilities and accountabilities are defined and communicated throughout the business.
If you would like to provide any feedback on JFN’s services or project delivery, please email JFNFeedback@jfnl.co.uk