The James Fisher Nuclear radiological calibration service team take the hassle out of portable instrument calibration and repair.
James Fisher Nuclear (JFN) have a dedicated and skilled team of technicians who calibrate and repair portable radiation protection instrumentation (RPI) for customers across the UK, offering a prompt and reliable service with a rapid turn-around to all customers, which also complements our on-site calibration service. The service is backed up by a solid quality management system and uses sources traceable to UK national standards. The Radiological Calibration Service (RCS) is based at Deeside in Cheshire, with good links to the UK national road network. We can arrange the transport of RPI to and from our fully equipped labs.
With JFN you can be sure that :
- All work is performed by suitably qualified and experienced persons (SQEP) and calibration certificates are checked and verified by an experienced qualified person (QP). JFN meets the statutory requirements of the Ionising Radiation Regulations2017 (IRR17) by following the guidance given in NPL Measurement Good Practice Guide No. 14; "The Examination, testing, and Calibration of Portable Radiation Protection Instruments" (GPG14).
- We deliver a cost-effective service including tests before first use, full instrumentation checks, performance checks, repairs, adjustments and test before "return to service" on instruments from all major RPI suppliers to the UK nuclear industry. Repairs are only carried out after your acceptance of our written quotation.
- All work is carried out to a comprehensive set of maintenance and test procedures approved by an experienced senior qualified person.
- Calibrations can be scheduled to ensure customers retain sufficient stock of RPI for ongoing operations.
- All RCS activities will meet the requirements of quality management system BS EN ISO 9001:2015.
- The RCS is accredited to BS EN ISO 17025:2017 as calibration laboratory 4382.
From our well equipped workshop near Deeside, with enviable links to the motorway network, our team of experienced engineers and technicians can ensure quick turn round times for the repair of damaged or faulty RPI equipment.
We carry spares for all major suppliers of RPI and no work will be carried out until you are entirely happy with our written quotation. We will then, of course, recalibrate and fully check the instrument before it is returned to you and put back in to service.
Call us today on 01244 283890 or Contact Us to find out how we can help you efficiently manage your fleet of portable RPI equipment.
If you need on site RPI calibration, please click on the link below: