- RodMan 2 successfully commissioned at Sellafield
- Fukushima support contract win
- Reactor decommissioning - Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities
- BEPPS - DIF getting it right first time
- James Fisher Nuclear rugby 7s
- International co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges
- Major decommissioning framework agreement with Sellafield
- Cutting the problem down to size
- James Fisher Nuclear highly commended, The Engineer Magazine
- JFN joins forces with two new students for Dream Placement 2017
- Engineering a change.
- Dream Placement Update
- Inspection tool from James Fisher Nuclear providing vital information for EDF-Energy.
- JFN flying high with sellafield decommissioning
- SGHWR project reaches major milestone
- A Real Dream Placement
- JFN Supplying Key Components To The World’s Most Powerful Neutron Research Facility
- New Rig Hall in Caithness
- joint venture to support Dounreay nuclear decommissioning joint programme
- JFN Wins Contract For Vital Robotic Handling System at New International Research Facility
- JFN and CNSL Consortium first to reach 1 million hours safe working
- Women In Nuclear Annual Conference
- Dream Placement 2020
- SGHWR Milestone reached
- Covid-19 update
- JFN Receives RoSPA Gold award for 2020
- JFN Helping out during Covid-19
- Water Level Access Pontoons for Sellafield
- International Women in Engineering Day 2020
- BISP Concrete Shaving Trials
- Magnox SGHWR Core Segmentation Project
- First Design Contract Win at Dounreay
- NDL win multi-million pound HALSEF decommissioning strategy project
- JFN awarded renewal of Sellafield ROV contract by The Decommissioning Alliance
- National Apprenticeship Week
- JFN planted 500 trees with the West Cumbria Rivers Trust
The SGHWR core jacking system reached a major milestone recently when it successfully passed its Factory Acceptance test (FAT).
The system, which has a capacity to lift 800 tonnes, was developed for the project by heavy lifting specialist, Mammoet.
This impressive piece of kit sits at the heart of the Magnox SGHWR decommissioning project. Its job is to lift and gradually rotate the 250-tonne reactor core out of its housing so that the suite of tools and robots JFN has been developing can efficiently access and cut up the core.
The system was rigorously tested over a period of two days' with Bureau Veritas Group carrying out equally stringent inspections at every stage.