- RodMan 2 successfully commissioned at Sellafield
- Fukushima support contract win
- Reactor decommissioning - Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities
- BEPPS - DIF getting it right first time
- James Fisher Nuclear rugby 7s
- International co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges
- Major decommissioning framework agreement with Sellafield
- Cutting the problem down to size
- James Fisher Nuclear highly commended, The Engineer Magazine
- JFN joins forces with two new students for Dream Placement 2017
- Engineering a change.
- Dream Placement Update
- Inspection tool from James Fisher Nuclear providing vital information for EDF-Energy.
- JFN flying high with sellafield decommissioning
- SGHWR project reaches major milestone
- A Real Dream Placement
James Fisher Nuclear Flying High with Sellafield Decommissioning.
James Fisher Nuclear (JFN), part of James Fisher and Sons PLC, alongside partners WYG, took to the skies recently and made history with the first ever external Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) high resolution structural survey of a chimney stack within Sellafield’s high security chemical separation (SEP) active area.
This innovative use of drone technology removed the need for time consuming scaffolding construction or bringing in special access vehicles, both of which are costly and require operators to be working at height. The SEP active area contains much of Sellafield Ltd.’s older production facilities and is a very compact part of the site, which presents a number of challenges and obstacles when it comes to carrying out structural inspections. JFN was able to show that its UAV was not just up to the task, it could deliver detailed results faster and at a significant cost saving over traditional methods. You can read the full press release here