- RodMan 2 successfully commissioned at Sellafield
- Fukushima support contract win
- Reactor decommissioning - Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities
- BEPPS - DIF getting it right first time
- James Fisher Nuclear rugby 7s
- International co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges
- Major decommissioning framework agreement with Sellafield
- Cutting the problem down to size
- James Fisher Nuclear highly commended, The Engineer Magazine
- JFN joins forces with two new students for Dream Placement 2017
- Engineering a change.
- Dream Placement Update
- Inspection tool from James Fisher Nuclear providing vital information for EDF-Energy.
- JFN flying high with sellafield decommissioning
- SGHWR project reaches major milestone
- A Real Dream Placement
- JFN Supplying Key Components To The World’s Most Powerful Neutron Research Facility
- New Rig Hall in Caithness
- joint venture to support Dounreay nuclear decommissioning joint programme
JFN Adds New Rig Hall Capacity
James Fisher Nuclear (JFN) has acquired the Rig Hall and test facility at Bower, near Thurso in Caithness. The facility offers the space and resources to enhance JFN’s already considerable off-site testing and operator training capacity and JFN’s capability to support wider UK and overseas markets. Coupled with a pledge to recruit locally and develop the skills that will be needed for the future, this demonstrates a significant investment by JFN in the Caithness and Sutherland area.
James Mowat, JFN’s General Manager of the facility comments: “The Bower Rig Hall facility delivers valuable extra capability to support engineering projects both within the Caithness and Sutherland region and beyond, with space to conduct off-site trials for solutions prior to deployment. We will also be working closely with the local supply chain to support projects and looking to develop practical R&D collaboration with Universities and other academic institutions”
The 2,000m2 Rig Hall stands at approximately 60m x 30m and over 16 metres high. It has heavy lifting capability in the form of two 20Te overhead cranes and is supplemented by 1800m2 configurable office space over 3 floors for co-location with clients and partners and for stand-alone desk based projects.