- RodMan 2 successfully commissioned at Sellafield
- Fukushima support contract win
- Reactor decommissioning - Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities
- BEPPS - DIF getting it right first time
- James Fisher Nuclear rugby 7s
- International co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges
- Major decommissioning framework agreement with Sellafield
- Cutting the problem down to size
- James Fisher Nuclear highly commended, The Engineer Magazine
- JFN joins forces with two new students for Dream Placement 2017
- Engineering a change.
- Dream Placement Update
- Inspection tool from James Fisher Nuclear providing vital information for EDF-Energy.
- JFN flying high with sellafield decommissioning
- SGHWR project reaches major milestone
- A Real Dream Placement
The end of busy week!
After setting the engineering task, Tom and Adam worked together looking at different options and carried out Optioneering review and Option report to finalise their findings.
Ben Pekarek, Engineering manager for JFN said:
"It was important that they both got a good idea of what it is like working on real projects so we then moved them onto designing their engineering solution and defining the test regime which this may be subject to as part of the project"
This was then documented in a Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) document, as it would be in a fully live project. Following on from the design related activities earlier in the week, Tom and Adam, who are from St Benedict's High School in Whitehaven, were given an introduction into project scheduling and Risk management. By the end of the day on Thursday they had produced a fully costed schedule and a Risk register for the project.
Ben Continued" This is very impressive considering they were completely new to the software and theory at the start of the day."
All this hard work culminated in a Presentation of their work to a few JFN employees. Tom and Adam really shone, it’s never easy standing up in a group but they seemed to tackle this with confidence. The content of the presentation really showed that they understood the technical and project management challenges of delivering such a project and their end proposed solution was very considered and viable.