- RodMan 2 successfully commissioned at Sellafield
- Fukushima support contract win
- Reactor decommissioning - Magnox engages JFN's core capabilities
- BEPPS - DIF getting it right first time
- James Fisher Nuclear rugby 7s
- International co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges
- Major decommissioning framework agreement with Sellafield
- Cutting the problem down to size
- James Fisher Nuclear highly commended, The Engineer Magazine
- JFN joins forces with two new students for Dream Placement 2017
- Engineering a change.
- Dream Placement Update
- Inspection tool from James Fisher Nuclear providing vital information for EDF-Energy.
- JFN flying high with sellafield decommissioning
- SGHWR project reaches major milestone
- A Real Dream Placement
- JFN Supplying Key Components To The World’s Most Powerful Neutron Research Facility
- New Rig Hall in Caithness
- joint venture to support Dounreay nuclear decommissioning joint programme
International Co-operation to understand decommissioning challenges.
James Fisher Nuclear has signed an agreement with the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) to host a team from the Corporation for training and familiarisation as a first step in building future cooperation.
The first training session is planned to take place at JFN’s Head Office in November 2016.
“CNNC has many of the same challenges in decommissioning its legacy facilities as exist in the UK Nuclear sector, and recognises the expertise built up by British companies in safely decommissioning high hazard plants.”
Comments Paul Read, Managing Director of James Fisher Nuclear.
“Our skills in remote handling, manipulation and ROVs have many potential applications in China, and this is the first step to gather a shared understanding of their own challenges in order to assist their decommissioning effort.”
It is expected that the sharing of experience and capability will be a two way flow with potential benefits being delivered to both the Chinese and UK decommissioning sectors.